Welcome to my stop on Jessie Lane's tour for The Frozen Star! I've been lucky enough to host Jessie before and was happy to do so once again. Today I have a top 5 list as well as the tour wide giveaway that shouldn't be missed! Thanks to Author's Taproom for organizing the tour and including me on it.
About Jessie Lane:
Jessie Lane is the best-selling author of The Star Series, Big Bad Bite Series and the Ex Ops Series.
She lives in Kentucky with her two little Rock Chicks in the making and her over protective alpha husband. She has a passionate love for reading and writing naughty romance, cliff hanging suspense, and out-of-this-world characters that demand your attention, or threaten to slap you around until you do pay attention to them.
You can follow Jessie at: Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Goodreads & her Amazon Author Page
Jessie writes Upper YA Fantasy/Paranormal Romance & Adult Paranormal and Contemporary Romance. She’s currently working on her next two novels, The Demon Who Loved Me (Big Bad Bite Series #3) and Stripping Her Defenses (Ex Ops Series #2).
M.L. Pahl (Melissa) has departed from the Jessie Lane pen name to pursue other things. She will be sorely missed, but I know she has an amazing future ahead of her. You can follow M.L. Phal at: Facebook and Twitter
You can also check out her Facebook page that she shares with her older brother Matthew Leo for their upcoming book, Zombies Don’t Ride Motorcycles, HERE.
Facebook l Twitter l Pinterest l Goodreads l Amazon Author Page
Top 5's: Top 5 things commonly heard while brainstorming together
Hi everyone! It’s Melissa from the Jessie Lane duo, and today I’ve stopped by Adria’s Romance Reviews to talk about the Top 5 things commonly heard while Crystal and I are brainstorming together. Brainstorming with a co-author can lead down different paths depending on what it is that you need to be discussing and what really happens. Difference of opinions is something we have to take into consideration all the time.And if you are like us (we both think way too much alike for our own good) it leads to hilarious and random outbursts. So here are a few of the things that we have discussed while we are planning out a story or scene.
1) Character Names – We’re really picky about the names of our characters. They have to have a strong background and hopefully don’t sound too plain. We like original and unique.
2) I don’t like that. – Every writing duo out there is going to have their disagreements. We are not the exception. You have to weed out all the unnecessary or unwanted aspects of the scene you want to write and find out what works for the both of you to get the best of your combined ideas out there.
3) What do you think about this? – This is Crystal’s go to line whenever she calls me. Sometimes hearing what the other thinks about an idea helps to get the creative juices flowing.
4) No. – I wish most of the time we had our conversations on Skype, just so I can witness Crystal go all crossed eyed at my goofiness and plead with me to stop. Hence the word “No”. I think she uses it to redirect me.
5) Bwahahaha, Lol, and Lmao. We laugh A LOT and most of the time it’s at each other. Some conversations take place at odd hours of the day due to the time difference and my work schedule. So Crystal tends to have to deal with a sleepy Mel most of the time. I keep telling her I should come with a warning label saying - If woken up before noon, add two cups of coffee before the incoherent mumblings begin.
So those are my top 5. I’m curious, what do you think would make the list? Before I go I’d like to say a big THANK YOU to Adria for letting me stop by and chat today. I hope you all will check out Jessie Lane’s latest release, The Frozen Star, from our YA/NA Paranormal Romance & Fantasy series! Happy Reading!
Thank YOU Melissa for taking the time to chat and share your list!
The journey continues:
Kay had discovered secrets, lies, shocking truths, and even love in a strange new world hidden from humans. Everything she thought she knew was turned upside down when she found out three things:
- She wasn’t human.
- She has a power she can't control.
- And there was a possibility that she had found a way to cure the cancer that was rapidly killing her with that very same power.
Then, just when she was on the precipice of gaining everything she wanted and saving her own life, tragedy struck. Will she be able to fight her way back to Ryan and save herself in the process?
Kira had lived a terrifying and confusing life of servitude and abuse under Lord Donovan and his son, Cole. It was an existence that had stripped away her emotions, and eventually, her reason to keep fighting. Just when she thought freedom was within reach, Lord Donovan struck again, ruining her plans and almost killing her in the process. When she awoke from her injuries, it was to stunning revelations that would change her life forever. Changes that she was not entirely sure she wanted to embrace.
Persistent individuals such as Prince Kane refuse to let her walk away, though. Will she embrace all of the sudden fortune in her life? Or will she walk away from those who need her most, forsaking their acceptance and love?
And now for that giveaway!
a Rafflecopter giveaway