Hosted by Herding Cats and Burning Soup, Quote-tastic is a weekly Monday meme that gives readers a chance to share their favorite book quotes. So settle back, share your favorite quote and tell me why you chose it!
This week's quote: The first conversation between Valerius, a Roman Dark Hunter and Tabitha Deverauex, a demon slayer in Seize the Night. Valerius wakes up in Tabitha's bed.
Where are my clothes?
Keep your shirt on. Your clothes are at the laundry. They'll deliver them as soon as they're ready.
And in the meantime?
Looks like you're naked.
I beg your pardon?
Beg all you want, you're still going to be naked. Come to think of it, a gorgeous, begging, naked man ... that's the stuff of fantasies. Begging won't get you your clothes, but it could get you something else."
Why I chose it:
There is ALWAYS moments of great dialogue between characters in a Sherrilyn Kenyon novel and I had a hard time picking just one from this book. This particular exchange between the hero and heroine begins a series of moments where the reader is reminded just how different these two characters are. Valerius was a former Roman General who is used to being obeyed and is now a Dark Hunter, Tabitha is the black sheep of an already odd family who spends her time patrolling New Orleans for the evil undead. The problem is that she gets too carried away sometimes and accidentally stabs the good guys.
* Purchase Links:
Amazon l Kindle l
* Using the purchase links on this blog allows me to see a small percentage of the sale. It will help sponsor future giveaways.
- Everyone's welcome to join in. Authors, bloggers, readers. The more the merrier!
- Just grab the button and toss up your post :)
- Don't have a blog? No worries, just leave your favorites in the comment section.
- Don't forget to check out every one else's quotes, you may find your next read in one of the participating blogs!